Random thoughts of an average woman who has learned much and has much to say about life.
June 23, 2005
The Church
I have a confession....I haven't been to church since February! I realize that it is not good to be out of the fellowship of believers and under the teaching of the Word. I'm just not so sure that what I want in a church exists. Here is the thing....I'm tired of the church as we know it. I don't believe that it is what Paul was talking about in the New Testament. I long for a small (very small), intimate, community of believers that can support and lift each other up. I think the house meetings they had during Paul's day was more of how church should be. It should be a place where we can feel free to admit sin in our lives, express freely the things burdening our hearts, and most importantly work together to share the Truth with others. Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that churches today are ineffective or that they shouldn't be in existance the way they are. (Lord knows I heard enough of that CRAP at Seminary.) What I am saying is that I want more now. I long for more in a church and the body of believers I will minister with. I'm not sure that what my heart craves even exists. However, I guess I won't know until I go looking for it. For those who are searching as I am, I pray that you find the place where the Lord would have you to serve and to grow. For me, the search begins Sunday. I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have only been to church twice this year. I feel I get very little from my church. I used to go fairly regularly. I too dont know quite what I want from it, so await to hear how you get on.
Post a Comment