Random thoughts of an average woman who has learned much and has much to say about life.
April 29, 2005
Why I love the blogging
I was watching TV while my mom and I were eating at Arby's last night and was just appalled. It was frustrating that they had the thing on in the first place, and equally agitating that the volume was up so loud that you had no choice but to hear it! It was on a news show and the topic was just ridiculous. This is why I love blogging because I am able to say on here everything that I wanted to scream at that stupid TV. And this way there are actually people who "hear" it. So they were talking about a new invention that will allow consumers to buy a DVD system that filters the DVDs that they watch. It is much like the TV Guardian system in that it will not show scenes or allow language that the consumer desires not to have in their home. They had two men talking about it, one from each side. On one side was an "artist" who was complaining that this technology is being used to censor his art and should not be allowed to be sold to the public, as it is in violation of the first ammendment. The other side, of course, was someone from the company wanting to sell the product claiming that it is just a way to allow consumers to choose what they want to watch. The "artist" had the nerve to say that this could end up with people deciding they don't want to watch movies with jewish people or black people in it and in his overdramatics made it seem like it was a threat to society. The Other said that he was simply being ridiculous, as i agreed, and that it was not any different than people choosing to skip scenes. It was simply a way to make it easy so they wouldn't have to take that time to skip them because they were simply not being shown. The "artist" also mentioned that the people at home didn't have to watch the movies at all and the answer is simply for them not to bother with it. So....This is what I wanted to scream at the TV. The "artist" is missing the big picture......he would make MORE money in the long run because, with this invention in production, more people would buy these movies. It seems like these days the "artists" go for the shock value! It is unfortunate for them because without those particular scenes or that language, their movies usually have a really good plot or story line. For instance, the Matrix. The first Matrix was clean and had a good story and I was rather surprised that I liked it. So I went to see the second one and was just utterly shocked. Right in the middle of the movie was this really long out of place sex scene. It made me not want to watch the series anymore and when the third one came out I didn't even bother! If I had the contraption they are debating about...I might have bought the second and third one which would result in more money for the "artist." So thus I am free from the thoughts that flooded my brain and I am thankful for the release of them. On a side not though, I would be interested to know if movies that don't have that unecessary material in them make more money?? So...there you go for what its worth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment