Random thoughts of an average woman who has learned much and has much to say about life.
June 05, 2004
Symphonic Port-o-potty!
I had an incredible evening tonight! I was able to hear the Fort Worth Symphony on the lawn at Botanical Gardens. It was also my first experience with a port-o-potty! (which is not necessarily incredible)It was interesting, however, because you could still hear the symphony while inside! That was a unique experience I must say! As if that wasn't humorous enough, I discovered that you don't flush port-o-pottys. Who knew!! (I'd like to say that I didn't look very long for a way to, but that would be a lie!) Anyway, enough of that...back to the orchestra! It was a night of Russian composers (including Tchaikovsky) and it was beautiful. The Lord blessed us with a nice breezy evening and, while the sun was still out, a beautiful sky! Whenever I experience events like that, especially spectacularly played music while being outside, I can't help but think about His creation! He didn't have to create such a vast and glorious sky. He didn't have to make it blue. He didn't have to fill it with fluffy clouds and a sunset. Yet, he did it anyway. He did it to remind us of Him! On top of that...He didn't have to create music....or a way of hearing it! He could have kept it all to Himself! Yet, He didn't! He allows us to enjoy it with Him! It blows my mind to think that He was listening and enjoying the sound of that orchestra just as I was. Perhaps, the part of the performance tonight that brought tears to my eyes, made His eyes tear up as well! After all, the music is for Him...all of our gifts and abilities are given to us as a display of His workmanship! How great is His love for us that we are allowed the honor of playing music, singing, painting, or writing for Him. The fact is...we are all gifted in some way. We all have abilities that are better developed than most. The only question is...what are you doing with them? Are you hoarding them for yourself or using them for selfish gain? Is it something you do to bring praise and adoration for yourself?? He longs for you to use it for Him. For those that sing...He delights in hearing you sing for Him. For those that tell great stories...tell stories that will bring Him joy to hear. For those that write...write words that will make a difference and allow Him to use those words to touch lives! I guess my thoughts can be summed up in this verse, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment