Random thoughts of an average woman who has learned much and has much to say about life.
June 22, 2004
On the soapbox!
More words of wisdom from Corrie Ten Boom. "We [as Christians] can be led by spirit of criticism, just focusing on others' wrongs--however unorthodox they may be. Our hearts can be so ready for battle with those who think differently that it makes us gloomy....a spirit of criticism is always hard-hearted. Led by a spirit of criticism, we set ourselves up to judge felllow Christians who don't think the same way about the inspiration of the Bible, the gifts of the Spirit, or the Millennium. It doesn't help them and it doesn't help us." At times I want to scream this from the rooftops to my fellow Christians, there are also times when I need someone to scream this to my soul as well, for I have been guilty. I do not see division as an acceptable part of faith. The Bible is very clear about us being "one body" and "united in love." We constantly build up walls and He desperately wants us to tear them down. No good can come from them..it is useless to argue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment