Random thoughts of an average woman who has learned much and has much to say about life.
May 06, 2004
Sweet Home Alabama
I must say that Lynard Skynard may not have much to say in life, but he stated well the truth. Sweet home Alabama, where the skies, really are, soooo blue! It is good to be here! Its amazing to me that no matter where I move to and no matter how well I fit in there, this is always home! I love it here. The trees are greener, and they actually exist naturally (unlike Texas!), the sky is bluer, and the birds, I swear, sing sweeter! *sigh* I love it! Now I know that we have a bad rep amongst the other states and I maintain that if you experience it yourself you will see they are all wrong. Our accent doesn't mean we're stupid and the laid back atmosphere that is part of our culture does not mean we are slow. We are a people who realize that people matter! You stand in line at Wal-mart and by the time you are ready to leave you will have at least one new friend! For those who mock, and I know you will, I say, don't speak on matters which you don't know, unless you are willing to openly give it a try! So come on down, or over, or up for that matter, and find out what good ole Lynard sings about so proudly! (It is not every state that has its own anthem!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment