Random thoughts of an average woman who has learned much and has much to say about life.
May 12, 2004
The Preferred Community
My sweet home here in Alabama is nestled in the best city ever, self titled, "the preferred community"! Prattville, Alabama is where I have lived for the majority of my life and I absolutely love it! It is the perfect size and we have just about anything that you could want. (Except for something to do on the weekend that doesn't cost money!) It is a wonderful place for families. A funny thing happened today though. I have been a resident of Prattville since I was five years old. It has changed a lot over the years but, for the most part, is still pretty much the same. Well, today I went to get my dad's car fixed at Gilmore Ford here in Prattville because a part was recalled on it. So I head out and drive to where I think the car dealership is located. Turns out, Gilmore Ford isn't where I thought it was...I had driven to Larry Pucket Chevrolet! Now, how is it that I can live somewhere for so long and forget where things are. Granted, Prattville is a big, growing, city but it is not big enough to forget where things are. These businesses have been around longer than I have been here. Although they have relocated it was over ten years ago that they moved to the new locations! So, here is my question, am I alone in this??? Has anyone else gotten lost in their own home town!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment