I've decided the world has gone crazy...and it is perpetuated by Facebook. The racial tension is so thick you can cut it. The animosity over faith vs atheism...gay marriage vs biblical marriage...republican vs democrat...legalism vs grace...seems so heightened right now. So...after the emotional dealings with two friend's posts...I've gone and done it. I've said goodbye to Facebook. Today is day 3, I think, and I couldn't feel freer. I was actually thinking about it since worship on Sunday how much time I spend on that stupid site. Then in youth Wednesday night I was challenged to make a change. My thoughts were sobering when I realized that I faithfully...regularly throughout the day check Facebook...I do not faithfully, regularly throughout the day read His Word...or sometimes even pray. I have gone several days without either...or both. There is a problem. I was in need of a regrouping...a refocusing. Facebook has truly (and I mean this in the least little old church lady way possible) become a tool of the enemy. Its a hidden weapon of division and hate. I lost a really really treasured friend because of it. I regret it so much. There is a song that a friend shared with me a couple weeks ago that has also contributed to helping me make this decision...it says "let it not be said of me that I withhold anything from You." I mean it...I don't want to withhold anything from Him...not the money he provides me...and most definitely not an addiction to Social media. Since being away from Facebook I've been more prayerful about little things around me...because I don't have my face shoved in my phone to see who has posted what...or who liked that really clever thing I said. I am more aware of His presence. I've read more of His word in the last three days then I have in the past several months. I'm finally getting back to where I need to be. I've become less discontent with where I am in life...and more focused on who He is. I'm less self-focused and more kingdom focused. I'm so grateful that He doesn't tire of me...His patience...grace...mercy...they are endless. I'm exhausting no doubt. I tire of me...but He does not. He lovingly...sometimes sternly...but lovingly...gets me back to where I need to be. Lord...just as this amazing song says...."I will pursuit...I will pursuit You..."
http://youtu.be/o_pSSdF-_xY
1 comment:
Thanks for the insightful reminder of how "little things" like social media can become idols. I have gone back and forth whether to take the plunge as well. Still praying about that. :-)
I am looking forward to reading more!
HopeBreathes.com - follow me too!
Post a Comment