May 04, 2010

There's a Stirring Deep Within Me....

This stirring, however, is not from the Lord.  It is a restlessness that only comes from the enemy.  I know that. Yet it is hard to shake it.  I want to be like Paul and learn to be content in all situations...and, at times, I have been like that.  It is just difficult sometimes...especially when you have echoes of deceiving thoughts circling in your head; and worst of all...in your heart.  It is ONLY at times when the enemy is working his "magic" that I feel a sense of urgency to fix whatever is going on.  When the Lord stirs my heart...there is peace and a sense of calm that allows me to wait until He is finished with what He desires to do.  The Bible tells me to "Be anxious of NOTHING, but in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7  Which, as I remind myself of this verse....means I need to go spend some time in conversation with the One who loves my soul. I pray for you as well...if you find yourself in a similar place.

No comments: