May 03, 2010

As Iron Sharpens Iron...

I have known, but sometimes forget, how blessed I have been in my life with godly friendships. It is such a blessing to have like-minded women (and men on occasion) to walk with on this journey. I truly believe that the Lord knows the struggles we face...the difficulties and heartache that this life can bring....and therefore...allows us to have each other. He made us relational beings so we can lift each other up...lean on one another...carry each other's burdens. So that we may sharpen each other and spur one another on toward good deeds. I have been so fortunate in every stage of my Christian life to have such people around me. I pray that I have been as good a friend to them as they all have been to me.

Recently, I have been struggling a bit with where I am in life. (More posts to come about that I'm sure) The Lord has opened conversations with several friends and myself that has just allowed TRUTH to be poured into my heart like a salve. I'm so grateful for this. One sweet friend passed this song along to me...and it has been a blessing. It is such a spirit lifter and reminder of who we are in Him...and who He is to us.

Take Heart My Friend
by Fernando Ortega

Take heart, my friend, we'll go together
This uncertain road that lies ahead
Our faithful God has always gone before
And He will lead the way once again

Take heart, my friend, we can walk together
And if our burdens become too great
We can hold up and help one another
In God's love, in God's grace

Take heart my friend, the Lord is with us
As He has been all the days of our lives
Our assurance every morning
Our defender in the night

If we should falter when trouble surrounds us
When the wind and the waves are wild and high
We will look away to Him who rules the waters;
Who speaks His peace into the angry tide

He is our comfort, our sustainer
He is our help in time of need
When we wander, He is our Shepherd
He who watches over us never sleeps

Take heart my friend, the Lord is with us
As He has been all the days of our lives
Our assurance every morning
Our defender every night

Take heart my friend, the Lord is with us
As He has been all the days of our lives
Our assurance every morning
Our defender in the night.

Lord, I am unworthy of Your mercy and grace....may I show my thankfulness by striving to follow hard after You!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I LOVE that song! : )